Wednesday, June 6, 2012

秋田4コマち

秋田4コマち App for iPhone
     This is a free Japanese comic book.  You follow the life of a young school age girl named Akita.  You have access to 4 volumes in this app.
     The pages of the comic book are in black and white (No colour, aside from the cover).  This is also entirely in Japanese.  If you can't read Japanese, I suppose you could just look at the pictures.  But where is the fun in that?  So I suggest only downloading this application if you can already read at least a bit of Japanese.
     What you have here is essentially a comedy from what I have read.  Just silly characters acting silly.  All of the characters appear to be around the same age.  Also, it appears to be targeted more toward female readers.
     This isn't really the comic book genre I care to explore or enjoy.  However, I know that there are many people who may enjoy reading about school girls.  So I believe this app would be more liked by them than I.
     Here is a sample page from the stories.  I'll translate it for you to give you an idea of what you'll be reading (But then, if you were reading it, you'd already know what it says, since you'd have to read Japanese... Why am I translating these again?... Oh well...)
----------------

TOP PANEL (Right to left): I saw Hachiryu. Height 152 cm. Birthday is August 2.
Blood type AB. Favourite food is melon.
BOTTOM PANEL (Right to left): She's always at the top of the class.  She has especially good manners.
On the other hand she has slow motor skills.
-----------------

I think it's a great free app since we all love reading stories for free, right?  On the down side, it's only available in Japanese (And the artwork is about a C+ - B- for me).  Let's hope that they come out with a translated version one day.  I'd translate it myself for you but that's a lot of work for the whole thing.
Rating: 4/5
  • Free
  • Category: Books
  • Size: 2.9 MB
  • Language: Japanese
  • Seller: Masashi Kumagai

No comments:

Post a Comment