Sunday, March 25, 2012

Clothes Roulette Lite

Clothes Roulette Lite App for iPhone
     I always want to call thing "Clothing roulette" rather than "Clothes roulette"... It just bothers me a bit... But that's besides the point...
     This is a really interesting and fun concept.  You take photos of all of your clothing, label it as either a top, bottom or shoes, and spin the wheel!  Clothing roulette will randomly choose one top, one bottom and a pair of shoes for you to wear that day.  Never again do you have to say "I don't know what to wear!" because now you can just have your iPhone tell you!  Though, I can't guarantee you the match ups will be particularly 'nice looking'.  It is random, after all.
     The lite version of this application only gives you 20 photos for your clothing.  Unless you have an incredibly small wardrobe, this is not going to be enough for all of your clothing.  If you purchase the full version of this application, you'll be allowed to take more photos.
     Though this is really fun, it does lack as much depth as it could.  You cave to put dresses under "tops" and then I suppose just not wear the bottoms it gets matched with?  What about socks/leggings/pantyhose?  What about hats and jackets?  Accessories?  I've tried taking multiple photos of the same piece of clothing.  One without accessories, one with.  If you get the full app, you could do this with all the pieces.  Changing up the accessories and taking more photos.
      I really enjoy the app.  I want to buy the full version but I am torn because I'm not entirely sure I'll really use this often.  If I pay for something, I want to get some use out of it.  This is something for you to think about as well.  However, I do enjoy the app, and the concept thereof.  Could you imagine waking up every day and having your clothing randomly selected for you?  It might make your life a little more interesting.  And think of all the time you'd save in the mornings!
     If they decide to revamp this app, I'd love to see some more categories.  Specifically hats/hair styles, bags and coats.
Rating: 4/5
  • Free
  • Category: Lifestyle
  • Size: 2.5 MB
  • Language: English
  • Seller: Ishin Chen

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kitty Starr! My name is Ishin Chen and am the app creator of Clothes Roulette. I want to personally thank you for your awesome review. We are in the process of improving our app to include some of the accessory features that you suggest! This app was inspired by my wife, who usually takes way too long to get ready in the morning. I hope this app can help others in saving time and money when selecting their outfits. If you have other suggestions, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much for stopping by! I love the concept of your app. Thank you (and your wife) so much. *Smile*

      Delete