Wednesday, November 14, 2012

SugarPost

SugarPost App for iPhone
     I really wanted to download this for a long time because it looked so cute.  I adored the artwork.  I couldn't find a way to communicate with the app creator or artist.  Eventually I ended up downloading it, so I could browse through all of the adorable images and make some cute cards.
     This is a paid application, but with the limited selection, you'd think it was a free application.  At least there's no ad banners.
     This is an application for making little digital cards to send to friends and loved ones.
     There are 15 regular cards.  Each one has a cute picture and some words.  Some examples are
"You make me smile"
"Good evening and good afternoon, good night.  Do you have any good news?"
"Cheer up  Better days are coming.Everything's gonna be alright"
"Together we make dreams come true"
"Will you be my sweetheart?"
and "I'm so sorry, please forgive me.  I love you"
     You swipe across the bottom, where the cards are displayed, to sift through them.
     You also have a place on the card that you can personalize with your own message, as well as a To and From area.
     When you have finished choose the card and writing your message you can click the "Send" function in the upper right corner of the card edit screen.  From here you can preview the card, save it to your device, send it in Kakaotalk, Upload it to Facebook, or send it via email.  There is also an option that says "Message" which I assume sends it through a text, but it doesn't appear to work.  It just loads endlessly.
     Aside from these cards, there are also photo cards.  To access these, click the "Photo Card" image on the upper left of the launch screen.
     There are only 7 photo cards available to choose from.  Each one works like a photo frame.  You click the empty spot where the photo goes and access your photo album to fill it with the photo of your choice.  You also have the option of taking a new photo to add.
     This is where the issue I have comes in...  When you load a photo, it stretches it out.  Also, trying to pinch and drag it to fit properly causes the image to spazz and jump all about.  Never staying where you want it to.  Using the photo cards is next to impossible, if you want the photo to actually look right.
     Otherwise, the photo cards work the same way the regular ones do.  They each have a different adorable drawing and a phrase.  Some examples being...
"You can make your dreams come true"
"To be happy"
"Happy Cheer Keep Smiling"
and "Happy Birthday to you!  You make me smile"
     These also have a place for the message you wish to write, the To and the From.
     Clicking the send button here works the same as in the other section.  If you wish to return to the message section from the photo card section, simply push the "Message Card" image in the top right side of the screen where you select the photo cards.
     I have to say that though I adore the artwork in this application, I regret purchasing it.  The limited variety, not working SMS and the inability to properly use the photo cards is more than just a bit disappointing.  I speculate that the photos used to work, but after iOS updates has gone a bit 'off'...  I don't think the application creator updates this app anymore (It has never been updated since the release in June).  So I doubt it will ever be fixed.  But we can hope!  If the creator fixes the photo card performance and adds some more cards, I'd gladly give it a higher score... But for now... the score is as it stands.
Rating: 2/5
  • $0.99
  • Category: Entertainment
  • Released: Jun 10, 2012
  • Version: 1.0
  • Size: 19.2 MB
  • Language: English
  • Seller: HYE SUN LEE

No comments:

Post a Comment