Monday, November 5, 2012

たいようけん? -LIVEを盛り上げよう-

Taiyouken? -Let's Live It Up!- App for iPhone
     Bald is beautiful!  And that's not all.  Rubbing a bald head can give amazing power!  Let's charge up by rubbing as much as possible in the short time allowed!
     The story is supposedly that the concert for today is dull.  The character (I assume is a girl, since she's wearing a hair band... ironically enough) must rub her head furiously to gain power and make the concert amazing.
     Now, again this is one of those apps that did not get translated before releasing it to the US market.  However, it's easy enough to figure out.  Plus the character's face at the end will let you know if you did well or not.  Even if you are unable to read the message.  So you can still try for the high score!
     From the front screen you'll see a large read button, a spot under it where your high score will be listed, then two green buttons underneath.
     The green button on the left is for information/help.  It will tell you to use your finger to swipe back and forth across the head, vigorously.  This will help the character to power up.
     The green button to the right takes you to the leader boards at the Game Center.
     Press the red button to begin the game.  Ready?  Start shining that head!  When you're doing really well, the character's expression will change and sparkles appear.  When the time runs out, you'll get a score.
     Below are some sample screens from the end of the game.  I took some different ones to show a range of emotion for the character, at the end.
     TOP LEFT: "From here and there you hear signs of laughter" O-Chan's words: Oh, Somehow, I just can't stand it!!  My power is still not enough!! (Rough Translation)
     TOP RIGHT: "会場かワッと盛り上かつた" (It says something about a Prime Venue.  I couldn't translate it to make sense, sorry.) O-Chan's words: This is what I live for!  Oh, Alright!  I wont miss the next song!!
     BOTTOM LEFT:  "The audience was surprised with you"  O-Chan's words:  "No, not the reaction I wanted!  I want to have more people rising...
     BOTTOM RIGHT:  "The people encourage you to live up to the legend you've become" O-Chan's words: Depression Day!! It's the best delay! I am just a genius! (I have no idea, don't ask.  I did my best to translate this, but it never made sense.)
     I think this is a fun and simple game.  The O-Chan character is cute and funny.  Plus the game isn't time consuming so you can play whenever you have a few seconds to waste.  though I do wish they would release a translated version.  I can translate some, but I'm not fluent.  So a lot of the phrases are difficult for me.
Rating: 3.8/5
  • Free
  • Category: Games
  • Updated: Nov 02, 2012
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Size: 37.8 MB
  • Language: English
  • Seller: Dual Solution corporation

No comments:

Post a Comment