Sunday, November 25, 2012

ドーナッツ大好き

 ドーナッツ大好き (I Love Doughnuts) App for iPhone
     This is a really cute story about a little girl who loves doughnuts (Donuts).  it's beautiful artwork and cute fantasy story telling will warm your heart.
     This being said, please know that this story is only written in Japanese.  there are no translations or English version.  If you can not read Japanese, you can try to follow along with the story through the illustrations.  However, that may prove to be slightly complicated.  i do wish that they would have translated this before releasing it to the US market.
     I truly do love the art style used in this story.  And even the application itself has a really lovely visual setup.  It's like reading an actual little story book.
     There is background music that plays.  However, you can turn this off whenever you like by clicking the sound icon at the top right corner.  To bring up the sound option and progress bar, tap the screen.  To make it disappear, tap it again.  You can do this at any time throughout the story.  To turn the page you can swipe across the screen or tap the page edge.
     I am going to provide some sample pages from the story below.  I will also provide translations for these pages.  Though if you wish to read the whole story, you'll need to do your own translations.
     TOP LEFT: Oh mother, every day every day
Cooked doughnuts are the most delicious in the world!
"You may have just one" Mother smiled gently.
"Yeah! Natsumi is alright with one" (Natsumi says)
Natsumi eats the doughnuts with filling.  She smiles and laughs.
     TOP RIGHT:  "Hey, it came to life!"
"Hey, tell me how you changed the doughnut.  If you tell me, I'll return home right now, alright? Teach me!"
Natsumi listened intently as she stared at it.

     BOTTOM LEFT: Natsumi was surprised it looked so poor.
The doughnuts were inedible...  Their stars were gone...
It's been a long journey, but I have finally discovered the blue planet.
Natsumi made a new friend, a doughnut, it was very fulfilling!
     BOTTOM RIGHT: The adventurer was silent, and closed his eyes.
With open arms he spoke clearly, 'Thank you', and I couldn't move.
This person who is gentle and orange was filled with light.
This moment!
The green left pocket on my dress.  It began to shine.
     I hope that anyone who reads this will like it as much as I did.  Though I'm not great with Japanese, I understood enough to follow the story.  I really do love this application.  My only displeasure is in the fact that they do not provide it in English.
Rating: 4/5
  • Free
  • Category: Books
  • Released: Sep 30, 2011
  • Version: 1.0.0
  • Size: 14.5 MB
  • Language: English
  • Seller: Cocone Corporation

No comments:

Post a Comment