Sunday, April 28, 2019

Persona OA Chat Log Translations: Ann

     This is a (incomplete) basic translation for the chat logs with each character in the Persona OA app.  English speaking users can use it to better understand the conversations in the app and make better choices when the characters ask questions.  As there is a lot of dialogue I have separated each character's interactions into a separate post.  Also, this does not include post-dungeon interactions in your room where you decide what stat boosting item to use.

     Please bear in mind, the translations may be off a bit but they should give you an idea of what is being said.  I took some creative liberty to make the translations sound more natural rather than making them direct word for word translations.

** (+1) (+2) (+3) Means this is how many music notes this response gives.

     I have not gone all of the way through the game yet so I don't have every character dialogue unlocked yet.  As I unlock more I will update this list.

Akira/Ren
Morgana
Ann
Ryuji
Yusuke
Makoto
Futaba
Haru
Akechi
Confidants (Sojiro, etc)



Ann

Scene 01
*Hey, you!  You're [Name], right?
*Sorry for calling you out like that.  I heard we got a new member and I just really wanted to know more about you
*I'm Ann Takamaki.  It's great to finally meet you..
[Options]
A --Nice to meet you too!
B --You're cute...

A
Yeah, having more friends is great.  It's really encouraging, you know...!
*[Name], let's do our best!

B
*Oh, really?
*I've been working out a lot lately.  I guess the results are finally showing, huh?

*Oh, do you have some time right now?
*I was thinking of getting some crepes.  Wanna come?
*I really want to check out this one shop that sells them.
*OMG, so gooood!  Sweets are just the best thing ever...!
*No way, they were having a half price toppings deal today... I think maybe I went a little overboard.
*When I get home I'm really going to have to burn off all these extra calories!
*No wait, I'm going to push myself even harder!
[Options]
A --Are you going on a diet?
B --You're really fired up
C --Don't you think you're being too hard on yourself?

A
*Well, I'm not sure I'd call it a diet.  Oh yeah, I never told you.

B(+2)
*Yup!  It's what I have to do if I want to be the best!
*Oh right, I didn't tell you.

C
*No way, not at all.  I can never be the best... if I don't prove I have what it takes.

*You see, I'm actually a model.  Even if I'm just newbie right now.
[Options}
A -- Being a model is amazing
B --I want to see your work
C-- Sign my chest (Ok, it really just asks for her autograph... But mine is better)

A(+1)
*So, I'm really just starting out!  Even so, I really want to work hard and become a great model one day!

B(+2)
*I've been in a few magazines!  I'll bring them with me next time.

C
*You want my- my autograph?  Are you for real?
*But I guess I should really start thinking about that kinda stuff, right?

*Oh, it's already getting pretty late.  Thanks for spending time with me today.
*It was really great getting to know you, [Name]!  I'm looking forward to working with you from now on as a member of the Phantom Thieves!

Scene 02 
*Oh...?  [Name].
*What a coincidence that we bumped into each other here.
[Options]
A --What are yo doing here?
B --Were you training?
C -- Were you doing a photo shoot?

A
*I'm running today.
*I'm a bit worried about my body...  I really need to get into better shape.

B
*Yeah, I'm out running today.
*It's really important to get into good shape, you know.

C
*No, not today.  I'm just out for a run.
*It's really important to get into good shape, you know.

*I need to keep pushing myself more and more, so I can be a great model.
*In order to accomplish my goal I'll keep on training as hard as I can.
[Options]
A --You're already sexy
B --You're thin enough already

A(+2)
*Really?!  Well, I'm glad you think so!
*Wait a minute, that's not right!
*That kind of thinking is really dangerous!

B
*tsk tsk tsk, it's no good just being thin.

*There are a lot of models who are way better than me.
*Looking at models you probably think just trying on clothes and taking photos looks like fun, right?
*But what you never see is that everyone is actually working really hard.
*And so... I'm going to work really hard too!
[Options]
A --Hang in there
B --You're really cool

A(+1)
*Yup!  I'm going to really give it all I've got and do my best!

B(+2)
*Thank you so very much.
*But you know, it'll be way cooler moving forward.

*Someday I'm sure I'll catch up to the top models.
*Oh... I guess I really got all fired up.  Sorry about that.
*Thanks for listening.

Scene 03 
*Hmm, which to get.
*I really can't tell...I'm not sure which one is the best choice...
*Huh?  Ah... [Name]!   Wow, talk about the right place at the right time!
*I'm shopping for beauty products and stuff to help me train.
*But I'm having a really hard time figuring out which to get.
*Now that you're here, what do you think I should get?
[Options]
A --Facial Massage Product
B --EMS Machine (EMS stands for Electric Muscle Stimulator.  It is used to work out your muscles)
C --Parfait

A(+1)
Oh, I guess you're right.  But how do you use it?  Wow!  Some sort of foam came out of it!
*I... I've never used something like this before.
*Hey, would you do me a favour and help me pick out more stuff?

B(+1)
*Whoa!  It says anyone can build up their muscles just by putting this on their body!
*Just put these on your abs and before you know it you're ripped.
*Well, it sure sounds pretty good.
*Your advice is really helpful!
*Hey, would you do me a favour and help me pick out more stuff?

C
*Oh yeah, Parfaits!
*I saw some really delicious looking ones in a shop earlier...
*Hold on!  This isn't the time for that.  I'm trying to buy beauty products to help me to look more attractive!
*But then... I guess something that looks delicious is a beautiful product of sorts, in a way.
*Hey you.  Do you have some time to spare?  Would you please help me choose what to buy while I shop?

*Alright!  The shopping was successfully completed!
*I mean, I'm really sorry you had to waste so much time helping me.
*But you really saved me!  I'm so grateful.
[Options]
A --You're welcome
B --It was nice to team up together

A or B (Same)
*Someday I'll really have to thank you properly.
*And when I do I'll be even more beautiful thanks to the stuff we bought today!
*Well anyway, you should probably be going home now.

Scene 04
*[Name], over here!
*Sorry to just suddenly invite you here.
*Actually, I got these movie tickets free from work.
*I wanted to thank you for before... I wasn't sure but I thought maybe we could go see a movie together.
*Do you like movies?
[Options]
A --I don't watch them
B --I really quite like them
C --Anything but horror

A
*Oh, is that right?  But I really wanted to see this one.  It's the new action film everyone's been talking about.
*I bet you'll really enjoy this one, [Name]!  Let's go!

B(+1)
They're great, right?  This one is a recent popular action movie.  Let's go!

C
*Really?  You don't like those?  Actually... I'm not really good with those either.
*But this one is just a recent action movie I've been wanting to see.
*I bet you'll really enjoy this one, [Name]!  Let's go!

*So good... That was great!
*Especially the hero's sidekick.  That actress was great, wasn't she?!
*The action was exciting and super hot!
*I would love to be an action film actress too!  What do you think, [Name]?
[Options]
A --You'd be perfect
B --Can you do action?
C --You're not sexy enough for that

A(+2)
*Really?!
*...But, before all that I will still need to work hard on my modelling.

B
*Well... I'm not really sure.
*I mean is being a model really suitable for action films? Ahahaha

C
*Oh yeah, that actress in the movie was super sexy.
*I mean, I guess before I start thinking about all that I need to work hard on my modelling.

*Alright, I have to do my best and train hard from now on!

Scene 05 
*Sorry to be such a bother.  Thanks for meeting me here.
*Actually, my next modelling shoot is having me wear a maid uniform.
*I thought coming here would be good research.
*But... Coming here all by myself would be kinda hard...
*Well, you sure are a life saver.
[Options]
A --Do you like maid costumes?
B --Did you want sweets?
C --I'll have a cup of coffee

A
*Hm... Well, I guess.
*I mean, I don't dislike them but I don't think they're great or anything either.

B
*This is research for modelling!
*But, I guess... it would be rude not to order something now that I'm here.

C
*Whoa you started ordering right away!
*Do you... come here a lot?..


*Wow... These maids are amazing.  Their smiles and kindness really moved me.
*I guess maids work really hard while making it look effortless.  I'm not really sure I'll be able to portray one accurately...
[Options]
A --Let's study more
B --I'm sure you'll be moe (If you are unfamiliar with the slang term 'moe' you can read about it here)

A(+2)
*Yeah, good idea.
*That's why I like you so much.
*Ok, I'm going to try even harder!

B(+3)
*Really?!  Do you really think I could be a maid who's truly moe?
*I'll have to work really hard so everyone else will think so too!

*You know, I feel like I figured something out!

*When it's time to do my next photo shoot, I think I'll finally be able to do a decent job now.
*Ahaha.  Thanks for helping me out, [Name].

Scene 06 [Coming Soon]



No comments:

Post a Comment