Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Persona OA Chat Log Translations: Ryuji

     This is a (incomplete) basic translation for the chat logs with each character in the Persona OA app.  English speaking users can use it to better understand the conversations in the app and make better choices when the characters ask questions.  As there is a lot of dialogue I have separated each character's interactions into a separate post.  Also, this does not include post-dungeon interactions in your room where you decide what stat boosting item to use.

     Please bear in mind, the translations may be off a bit but they should give you an idea of what is being said.  I took some creative liberty to make the translations sound more natural rather than making them direct word for word translations.

** (+1) (+2) (+3) Means this is how many music notes this response gives.

     I have not gone all of the way through the game yet so I don't have every character dialogue unlocked yet.  As I unlock more I will update this list.

Akira/Ren
Morgana
Ann
Ryuji
Yusuke
Makoto
Futaba
Haru
Akechi
Confidants (Sojiro, etc)


Ryuji

Scene 01
*Yo!  You're [Name], aren't you?
*I heard about you.  You're helping the Phantom Thieves?
*Since you're going to be our ally from now on, I wanted to meet you.
*My name is Ryuji Sakamoto.  Nice to meet you.
[Options]
A --Nice to meet you!
B --Please be gentle...

A (+1)
*Hey, you're easier to talk to than I thought.

B
*Huh?  Wait, seriously?!  Uh, sure, I got this...!

*I thought we'd take a nice walk, what do you think?
*Whoa, check out that bike!  It's so cool!
*Hey, the guy riding the bike looks really cool too!  He seems really popular with the ladies!
*Is he a celebrity or something?  Hey, [Name], do you know?
[Options]
A --He's just an ordinary person
B --I'm not sure

A
*How the hell is he so popular then?
*If  he's ordinary then what the hell's wrong with me?...

B
*Yeah, I don't know either.  Well then why is he so damn popular then?
*What am I doing wrong?...
[Options]
A --It's the bike.
B --Maybe get a bike

A
*The bike...  If you have a cool bike then you'll be surrounded by hot girls?!

B
*Bike...  Wait, are you saying girls like guys who ride bikes?!

*Well, I guess bikes are cool...
*My senior rides a bike too and she's pretty cool... (Makoto)
*If that's the case...
*Should I get a bike?
[Options]
A --Do you want to be popular?
B --Can you afford one?

A
*Damn right!

B
*Naw, they're way too expensive...

*Oh shit, is it that late already?  My bad, I got some other stuff I gotta do.
*I'll catch you later, [Name].
*See ya.

Scene 02
*Hmm...?
*I was coming to Shibuya...
[Options}
A --Ryuji?
B --Who were you again?
C --The cat?

A (+2)
*Oh hey, nice to see you again, [Name].

B
*Ryuji Sakamoto, you forgot.
*Did I remember you name?  It's [Name], isn't it?

C
*I'm clearly a human being.  I'm Ryuji Sakamoto, remember?

*By the way, what are you up to?
[Options]
A --Walking
B --Going to Central Town
C --Going to the underground mall at the train station

A
*A walk?  Didn't we take a walk together last time I saw you?
* You walk a lot, huh?  I like it.

B (+1)
*Hey, I go there too sometimes.
*I hang out at the arcade or... the arcade.

C
*Oh, you going shopping or something?
*Maybe we'll bump into each other again then.

*Well, I'm heading out soon.
*Hey, how about next time we hang out together, what do ya say?
*As your senior I should probably get to know you better.
*Want to hang out sometime?
[Options]
A --Not really
B -- Up to you

A
*Oh, I guess I'm off to uh... Harajuku then?  I just need to get some clothes.

B
*Then I'm off to Harajuku for now..  I just need to get some clothes.

*Well, I'll see you later.

Scene 03 
*There are a lot of cool clothes in the shops around here.
*Hey, what kind of clothes do you usually wear?
[Options]
A --T-shirts
B --Jackets
C --Cosplay

A (+2)
*I gotcha!
*You can wear them all year 'round.  You can get them in lots of different styles too.
*What kind should I buy?..

B(+1)
*Jackets...
*Yeah, I already have this one...
*But... I guess some styles can make you look more mature, right?  I guess I should keep that in mind.
*So, about that... What kind should I get?

C
*Really!?
*A wild cosplayer has appeared. (Not really what he said.  He was just surprised that cosplay was what you 'usually wear')
*So then... What should I get?

*What about going for a totally new style?  Let's keep looking!
*How about some cool biker clothes?
[Options]
A --You want to be popular with the ladies?
B --A bike is in your future

A
*Come on, I already answered that.

B
*Naw, they're way too expensive...

*Remember that bike in Odaiba we saw?
*I mean, it is a bike.  I think I could be pretty popular if I had one.
[Options]
A --It's too late
B --Is that true?

A (+1)
*Yeah yeah.
*Individuality is important for bein' popular with girls.

B
*Damn right!
*I guess I'll just have to prove it, huh?

*Ok, I'm totally getting a bike.
*I'm gonna start saving up from today on.
[Options]
A --You have my support
B --What about your clothes?

A (+2)
*Yeah, let's do this!

B
*Oh yeah, that's right...
*I figure I'll put today's clothes money into my bike fund!

*Look at it this way - if I buy a bike I'll be way more popular!
*And what if my helmet had a skull on it?
*Aw man... I'm getting goosebumps just thinkin' about it!


Scene 04
*Man, it's been a while since I saw a movie.
[Options]
A --What happened to saving for a bike?
B --What kind of movie are we going to see?

A
*I'm still saving up.

B
*Huh?  Oh, some romance film.

*If I get a bike I'll be popular with the ladies, right?
*So that's why I've decided to practice being a cool boyfriend.
[Options]
A --Aren't you getting ahead of yourself?
B --You sure are eager to study

A
*It's best to start preparing early.

B(+2)
*Hell yeah.  I'm not really great with studying other stuff though.

*Oh hey, isn't it almost time for the movie to start?
*Let's go!
*Oh man, that was pretty good...
*Did you notice the main character had a bike?
*He's exactly how I want to be!  I'm so glad I saw this film!
[Options]
A --It was pretty cool I guess
B --It had a real impact

A(+2)
*It was, right?  You thought so too?

B
*No man could watch that and not be impacted by its awesomeness!

*Aw man, I'm all sicced up now!  Let's go grab some food...
*Come on!

Scene 05 
*Hey, sorry for calling you out here suddenly. I wanted to talk to you about something...
*You see, there's a big test at school next week...
*And uh, well... I haven't studied for it at all.
[Options}
A --Time to study
B --That's on you, man
C --I'm going home now.  (The 'I'm out, biznatch' answer)

A
*Yeah, I know, I know.

B
*Uh yeah, I know!  That's why I need your help.

C
* --Wait!  Let me explain!

*Tch, shit man... What do you think is going to happen if my grades drop any more?
*I'll lose my allowance...
*Then it's good-bye to any hope of getting a bike...
*But I'm just no good at studying...
[Options]
A --What do you mean?
B --Is there something stopping you from studying?

A
*It's just really hard to me...

B
*It's just really complicated circumstances...

*I get really easily distracted at home and end up just doing other things... (Actual translation is that there is a lot of temptation in his room)
*Reading manga, playing video games...
*Especially the manga, because I just bought the most recent volumes in the series...
*I just can't study!-- I mean no one could study surrounded by all that, right?
[Options]
A --Why not?
B --Why not study at the library?
C --I guess you have a point.

A
*...I don't know why.
*Whenever I'm supposed to be studying for a test I just feel the urge to read my manga instead...

B
*UGGGHHHHHH!
*It's just too quite and I can't concentrate!

C(+2)
*Right!?  I knew you would understand!
*My room is full of anime and games and stuff... I just can't focus on studying there!

*That's why... I'm gonna study in your room!  What do ya' think?
[Options]
A --Are you serious?!
B --That's fine with me.

A
*Hell yeah, I'm serious!  I'm super excited but it's your call.  What do you say?

B(+3)
*Alright!  I'm totally studying in [Name]'s room.

*If I can't pass this test it'll take me even longer to be popular.
*So I'll be dropping by your place tomorrow after school, to study!


Scene 06 [Coming soon]

No comments:

Post a Comment