Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dog-A-Like

Dog-A-Like App for iPhone
     Although I commend the group for trying to build awareness and trying to get people to adopt dogs at the Pet Rescue, I have to rate this application based on what it is, and not the reason for making it.
     I didn't catch on when I first used this, but I was a bit suspicious since the photos I ran through it didn't seem anything like the dogs it was giving me as matches.  So I tried using the same photo multiple times... Same photo, different dogs... So then I tried running photos of things that weren't faces.  My hand got a "Face Match"... My shoe got a "Face Match"... the floor also got a "Face Match".  And no, this I do not live in Pee-Wee's Playhouse.  So those things do not have faces.  The entire time it says it's searching for your face, it isn't doing anything with your photo at all.  It's merely running a random generator to select a dog at random.  It is not based on the photo, whatsoever.
     Though the dogs are indeed cute, I can't give this application a good rating since it's not really finding a match based on your photo at all.  I may as well just do a Google search for "dog" and say "That's my dog" to the first image that pops up.

Rating: 1/5

  • Free
  • Category: Utilities
  • Size: 9.9 MB
  • Language: English
  • Seller: Tequila

No comments:

Post a Comment