Wednesday, February 29, 2012

iDream

iDream app for iPhone
     I can not tell you how many times this application has come in handy for me.  I know what you might be thinking.  "Why would anyone want an app that just loops waterfalls and rain and such?"  It's a "white noise" generator.  For people who have to sleep in places where there is a lot of noise going on, this helps to drown out the background noise with something more relaxing.  This app has helped me to fall asleep when my husband is blasting his action flicks in the middle of the night.  So to the wonderful people who made this app... "Thank you!""
This app includes many different sounds.  Paradise, Big waterfall, Pebble beach, Frog pond and so on.  There are also some sounds that are locked.  You have to pay to unlock them.  The free ones do the trick just fine though.  I suppose the pay ones are for people who need a bit more variety to choose from.  Some of the paid sounds include Thunderstorm, Train ride, Furnace, Underwater, Rain forest and more.  I have not tried the paid ones, myself.  I have sampled all of the free ones, though.  I find that Paradise is my favourite.  I fall asleep to it the fastest.  I imagine rain forest would work well for me as well, as the sound of birds tends to help me sleep. 
Another fun thing about this application is that, unlike many other white noise apps I've tried, this one has a timer.  You set it for how long you want to sound to run.  That way it isn't still playing, and wearing down your battery, once you've already fallen asleep.
I would recommend this application to anyone who has to sleep next to someone noisy, lives near a busy street, or just has to sleep around a lot of noise for any reason.  It may not work for everyone, but I'd say it's worth a shot.  And it's free, so you have nothing to lose by trying it out. 

  • Rating: 5/5
    Free
  • Category: Lifestyle
  • Size: 12.8 MB
  • Language: English
  • Seller: George Talusan

No comments:

Post a Comment