Saturday, September 29, 2012

Zombie Panic in Wonderland Plus

Zombie Panic in Wonderland Plus App for iPhone
     What if one day you went to the market to pick up some goods and the town seemed eerily quiet?  The shop keeper was not at his station... No people scurrying about... Then suddenly... Zombies.  Could you fend them off? Can you save yourself?  How long can you survive?
     The graphics and story panels in this game are great.  I love the characters and the game play is quick easy to learn.
     Though the basic free game only has the first chapter in the story (And arcade mode), along with only the one main character, you can still enjoy it.  And when you get tired of playing that, you can always pay for the extra characters or the full story mode.
     The characters can be purchased one at a time or as a bundle.  The bundle is cheaper, but if you just want one or two, you'd be better off buying those separately.  The 'All in one pack" is 12.99 and gives you the story and characters.  It's the best deal but only if you plan to really dedicate yourself to beating the game and using the characters.
     I really enjoyed the story panels and dialog.  I thought they were fun and really well drawn.  You can see a sample to the left.
     During game play mode you can do two things.  Kill zombies and destroy... well... everything.  Walls, buildings, boxes, you name it.  Why not see just how much destruction you can cause before the level ends?
     The zombie apocalypse takes place in a fairy tale land.  This is why so many of the characters are from fairy tales.  They have even recently added a new Alice in Wonderland stage.
     I enjoyed this game so much that I am considering buying an extra character or the full story.  And I'm not even a fan of zombies...  The one thing that's so far kept me from doing so is the price.  now I will grant you that for the quality of this game, it certainly is worth the asking price for the full game (3.99).  The extra characters range from 0.99 to 1.99 each...  All the characters are 5.99 for the set.  But I just don't know if I'm willing to commit to those prices.  I'm more for cheap apps unless it's something I plan to play a lot of.  And though I really enjoyed this and would love to add more detail in the review for the paid features... I'm just not sure I can afford to right now.
     I really love fairy tales, which is what drew me to this application to begin with.  In case you have a similar interest, here is a list of all of the currently available characters. Momotaro (Main character in story mode), Dorothy (Wizard of Oz), Snow White (Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs), Momotaro (Different design), Alice (Alice in Wonderland), Bunny (Assuming also from Alice in Wonderland) and Little Red Riding Hood (Little Red Riding Hood).
     I enjoyed this app and I think you will too.  Especially if you like shooters, zombie games or fairy tale characters.  it's free to try so why not give it a go?  If you like it, feel free to make some in game purchases.  Let me know how the rest of the story plays out!
Rating: 4.5/5
  • Free
  • Category: Games
  • Updated: Sep 20, 2012
  • Version: 2.0
  • Size: 83.0 MB
  • Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
  • Seller: Akaoni Studio SL
Rated 9+ for the following:
  • Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
  • Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
  • Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence

No comments:

Post a Comment