Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Breathing for Health

Breathing for Health App for iPhone
     Being able to control your breathing is very important.  It helps during yoga and exercise. It helps when you are running or when you are trying to relieve stress by taking deep breaths and relaxing.
テラシュールウェア  have created this application to help you to control your breathing.
     I do yoga and exercise.  However, I also have trouble with asthma.  It can be especially bothersome when I need to walk somewhere.  I thought this application might be useful for me for that reason.  If I could control my breathing when my asthma starts kicking in, I wouldn't be gasping or struggling to breathe. (Yes, I have an inhaler, but I don't like using it)
     So, upon starting the application up we see the title and a calm serene looking landscape.  Very peaceful and vivid.
     There is a settings menu that appears, which gives you the breathing rate options.  Depending on what you are doing, you will need to change the settings.  You can set the time for 5 to 60 minutes (By 5s.  So 5, 10, 15, etc).  You can also switch between two breathing styles.  In and out, or in, pause, out.  The second being more for relaxation and yoga.  The first one being better for jogging and such.  And lastly you can control the tempo.  It's on a scale of 1-5.  5 being the fastest.
     When the settings are correct for what you need, click the start button at the bottom.  You will then see the next display screen.  The breathing will not begin immediately.  There is a play icon in the center of the screen.  Hitting this will begin your breathing.  You can also pause at any time, if you feel like you need to.  This can also be good for mid yoga breaks.
     You will see a pie chart in the top right.  For in and out, there will be two parts, In, pause, out will contain 3.  There is a little animated character that will tell you to breath in, out or pause.  This will all depend on which part of the pie chart you are on.  There is also a note playing for each part of the pie chart to audibly tell you when to breathe in or out, should you be unable to look at the phone.  The timer is at the bottom, so you know how much longer you have until your breathing session is complete.
  There is also a small information panel built into the application.  I have screen captured it for you.  It is to the left.
     I like the unique and useful idea for this application.  The graphics are very attractive.  I find the audio to be very useful.  However, it can get a bit annoying, after listening to it for several minutes.  I would like to see a mute option added at some time in the future.
     All in all, the only real issue I see is that the price is very high for this application. It's a great idea, and I could see them profiting off of it.  However, I feel that the high cost could very well be causing many users to decide against the purchase.  I think a reasonable price for this is 99 cents.  I think 1.99 could work, if it is updated often (Maybe they could add different scenes to switch between, or maybe different audio options).  These would be easy to implement and could make the costumers happy and the cost reasonable.  However, where the price is currently will cause me to lower the score a bit.  If the price were lower, I would surely give this application a higher score.
Rating: 4/5
  • $3.99
  • Category: Health & Fitness
  • Updated: May 31, 2012
  • Version: 1.01
  • Size: 7.8 MB
  • Languages: English, Japanese
  • Seller: KAZUHISA HIRATA

No comments:

Post a Comment