Monday, April 16, 2012

Rilakkuma Touch

Rilakkuma Touch App for iPhone
     I want to start off by saying that this review is of the basic, free Rilakkuma Touch, and not the paid upgrade.  I love Rilakkuma, and would purchase the upgrade, but I just can not pay 5 dollars for a few special features on this application.  It's just too much.
     This is a little virtual Rilakkuma (Relax Bear).  You can watch him eat his hot cakes, poke him, drag him, and... well, that's honestly about all you can do without paying for extra features.
     It's cute.  I enjoyed it... but only for about two minutes.  The app is very limited, so it gets boring after a couple minutes.  I'm sure the paid version is more fun, but I'm just not sure I'd get enough use out of it to qualify paying 4.99USD.
     If you choose to pay for the "Plus" features you'll get additional food and items for Rilakkuma to interact with.  You also have the choice of playing with Korilakkuma, rather than just Rilakkuma.
     This is not a virtual pet.  You don't need to feed or clean your bear.  You can't customize or play mini games with it.  You can just 'play with it', via poking and dragging.  If he becomes unhappy with what you're doing he'll cross his arms (Making an 'X').  keep in mind that he is a lazy bear that just enjoys relaxing.  So you aren't going to get a lot of reactions from him.
     Since this is a free app, I think any San-x or Rilakkuma fan should download it and give it a try.  However, I don't see this as being something people are going to be using on a regular basis.  I'd love to see a bit more content.  Even the paid content doesn't sound like very much.  It's cute, but a bit boring.
 
Rating: 3.5/5
  • Free
  • Category: Games
  • Size: 19.1 MB
  • Languages: English, Chinese, Japanese
  • Seller: Imagineer Co.,Ltd.

No comments:

Post a Comment